Revionics has an immediate opening for a Business Intelligence Architect to develop and support enterprise applications for retail. Candidates must have experience developing dashboards in Cognos for .NET applications. The candidate must understand product development lifecycle for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS). Deep knowledge of database, data warehouse, and high-performance computing is required. This person will work within our Product Development organization on new product initiatives and support existing customer deployments. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated professional with experience building scalable enterprise applications. Revionics is looking for a customer-focused team player with the ability to deliver and perform under pressure.
Revionics delivers the industry’s most powerful End-to-End Merchandise Optimization solution, enabling retailers of all sizes to execute a fact-based Omni-channel merchandising strategy utilizing the most comprehensive set of shopper demand signals to enhance financial performance with improved customer satisfaction. Revionics’ solutions leverage advanced predictive analytics and demand-based science to ensure retailers have the right product, price, promotion, placement and space allocation for optimal results across all touch points in the Omni-channel shopping episode – online, in-store, social and mobile. Offered on a scalable, high performance Cloud-based SaaS platform, these solutions future-proof retailers from Big Data/Fast Data challenges, while providing speed-to-ROI. Over 31,000 retail locations and $95B in annual revenue across grocery, drug, building materials, convenience, general merchandise, discount, sporting goods stores and eCommerce sites optimize with Revionics’ solutions. Revionics has been recognized as a 2012 Deloitte Technology Fast 500™, Red Herring Top 100 Global, Red Herring Top 100 Americas and JMP Securities’ Hot 100 Software Company. For more information, please visit www.revionics.com.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As the Senior Business Intelligence Architect, you will be responsible for the Revionics dashboard, reporting, and OLAP data model. You will be responsible for designing new reports and dashboards. You will architect the ETL design and OLAP data model to support these reports. You will be responsible for schema synchronization, product releases, configuration data, and conversion scripts for all development and QA databases. You will collaborate with Portal, Science, and Production teams to solve problems and architect solutions that meet requirements. You will tune queries and stored procedures for performance. You will deliver documentation on processes, standards, and design.
• Design and implement a scalable retail OLAP data model, ETL architecture, and report framework
• Design, communicate, and enforce standards
• Implement strong BI processes throughout the organization
• Troubleshoot and diagnose performance issues
• Performance tuning and query optimization
• Perform tasks such as Cognos tool administration, optimization of queries, security/access control, internationalization, scalability, high availability, online diagnostics, production support and other enterprise software assignments.
• Proficiency on Cognos architecture, report development, and administration
• Proficient with Microsoft technologies (SSAS, SSRS, DTS, SSIS, .NET)
• Strong ETL skills
• Strong data modeling skills
• Working knowledge with XML
• Ability to design and implement enterprise database solutions
• Knowledge of data, master data and metadata related standards, processes, and technology
• Ability to work with customers to gather requirements
• Problem solving and debugging skills
• Proven analytical and organizational skills
• Strong initiative in recognizing and acting on product improvement opportunities
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• 10+ years experience with Cognos and data modeling
• Experience with large database applications (multiple terabytes)
• Undergraduate degree (masters preferred)
• Retail industry experience preferred.
To Apply For This Job:
If you are interested in joining the Revionics team, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Note: Please be aware that not all submissions will result in a response)