Objective: Revionics is seeking a talented DBA / Data Architect to join our team. This individual will be instrumental in design, performance tuning and researching new technologies to support our global expansion.
Revionics delivers the industry’s most powerful End-to-End Merchandise Optimization solution, enabling retailers of all sizes to execute a fact-based Omni-channel merchandising strategy utilizing the most comprehensive set of shopper demand signals to enhance financial performance with improved customer satisfaction. Revionics’ solutions leverage advanced predictive analytics and demand-based science to ensure retailers have the right product, price, promotion, placement and space allocation for optimal results across all touch points in the Omni-channel shopping episode – online, in-store, social and mobile. Offered on a scalable, high performance Cloud-based SaaS platform, these solutions future-proof retailers from Big Data/Fast Data challenges, while providing speed-to-ROI. Over 33,000 retail locations and $140+B in annual revenue across grocery, drug, building materials, convenience, general merchandise, discount, sporting goods stores and eCommerce sites optimize with Revionics’ solutions. Revionics has been recognized as a 2012 Deloitte Technology Fast 500™, Red Herring Top 100 Global, Red Herring Top 100 Americas and JMP Securities’ Hot 100 Software Company. For more information, please visit www.revionics.com.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Troubleshoot and diagnose performance issues.
• Design and implement a scalable retail data model thru proper data normalization, partitioning, server clustering and federating.
• Design, implement, communicate, and enforce standardized DBA processes throughout the organization.
• Coordinate product upgrades, conversion scripts, data migration, and source control management.
• Setup and maintain hundreds of Servers for optimimum performance in multi terabyte environments.
• Performance tuning and query optimization across billions of data records on multiple servers.
• Perform as-needed operational DBA tasks such as database creation, backup and recovery, optimization of queries, security/access control, internationalization, scalability, high availability, online diagnoses, production support and other enterprise software issues.
• Research technologies including Teradata, Mongo, Couch DB, Massively Parallel Procession (MPP) and Shared • Nothing architecture. Make recommendation on best practices for company growth.
• Execution of proof-of-concept pilots.
• 10 years of DBA experience
• Deep proficiency with SQL Server
• Mastery of database fundamentals, design, theory and technologies.
• Strong ability to architect, design and develop enterprise database solutions.
• Strong ability to define, design and implement logical and physical data models
• Strong database performance and tuning expertise.
• Strong SQL development skills (Queries, Triggers, Stored Procedures, etc)
• Knowledge of data, master data and metadata related standards, processes and technology
• Proficient in major development tools such as source control, ERD Design Tools, etc. • Proficient with Microsoft technologies (SSAS, SSRS, DTS, SSIS, BCP, SQL, TSQL)
• Production application support experience
• Aptitude to learn new technologies quickly
• Bachelors degree required, Masters preferred
Preferred Candidate Attributes:
Our preferred candidate lives and breathes data, is constantly looking for ways to improve performance, security and reliability, and is eager to be part of an fast-paced, multi-tenant, multi-terabyte growing company.
To Apply For This Job:
If you are interested in joining the Revionics team, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com.
Note - Not all submissions will result in a response.