Revionics has an immediate opening for a Senior Operations Database Administrator (DBA) to develop and support enterprise applications for retail. Candidates must understand product development lifecycle for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS). Deep knowledge of database, data warehouse, and high-performance computing is required. This person will work within our Operations Services organization on production and performance initiatives and support existing customer deployments. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated professional with experience building scalable enterprise applications. Revionics is looking for a customer-focused team player with the ability to deliver and perform under pressure.
Revionics delivers the industry’s most powerful End-to-End Merchandise Optimization solution, enabling retailers of all sizes to execute a fact-based Omni-channel merchandising strategy utilizing the most comprehensive set of shopper demand signals to enhance financial performance with improved customer satisfaction. Revionics’ solutions leverage advanced predictive analytics and demand-based science to ensure retailers have the right product, price, promotion, placement and space allocation for optimal results across all touch points in the Omni-channel shopping episode – online, in-store, social and mobile. Offered on a scalable, high performance Cloud-based SaaS platform, these solutions future-proof retailers from Big Data/Fast Data challenges, while providing speed-to-ROI. Over 33,000 retail locations and $140+B in annual revenue across grocery, drug, building materials, convenience, general merchandise, discount, sporting goods stores and eCommerce sites optimize with Revionics’ solutions. Revionics has been recognized as a 2012 Deloitte Technology Fast 500™, Red Herring Top 100 Global, Red Herring Top 100 Americas and JMP Securities’ Hot 100 Software Company. For more information, please visit www.revionics.com.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As the Senior Operations DBA, primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service related reports (e.g: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring and performance problems. You will be responsible for schema synchronization, database releases, configuration data, and conversion scripts for all Production and IAT databases. You will collaborate with Portal, Science, and Development teams to solve problems and architect solutions that meet requirements. You will build and maintain stored procedures and modify data elements to deliver on product releases commitments. You will tune queries and stored procedures for performance. You will be responsible for source control of all tables, stored procedures, indices, views, and seed data in all code branches. You will deliver documentation on processes, standards, and design.
• Design and implement a scalable retail data model through proper data normalization and partitioning
• Performs installation, configuration, support of production databases as per requirement
• Design, communicate, and enforce standards
• Implement strong DBA processes throughout the organization
• Coordinate product upgrades, conversion scripts, data migration, and source control management
• Troubleshoot and diagnose performance issues
• Performance tuning and query optimization
• Perform DBA tasks such as database creation, backup and recovery, optimization of queries, security/access control, internationalization, scalability, high availability, online diagnostics, production support and other enterprise software assignments.
• Proficiency on SQL Server 2008
• Proficiency in SQL constructs, data structures, artifacts, stored procedures, scripts
• Proficiency in query analyzer, diagnostics, performance monitoring
• Expertise in tuning database performance
• Deep knowledge of strategies for query optimization, indexing, and partitioning
• Proficiency in data modeling, automation, and source control
• Ability to design and implement enterprise database solutions
• Strong SQL development skills (queries, triggers, stored procedures, etc)
• Knowledge of data, master data and metadata related standards, processes, and technology
• Proficient in major development tools such as source control, ERD design tools, etc.
• Proficient with Microsoft technologies (SSAS, SSRS, DTS, SSIS, BCP, SQL, TSQL)
• Production support experience
• Problem solving and debugging skills
• Proven analytical and organizational skills
• Strong initiative in recognizing and acting on product improvement opportunities
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• 10+ years experience as a Database Administrator
• Experience with large database applications (multiple terabytes)
• Undergraduate degree (masters preferred)
• Retail industry experience preferred.
The ideal candidate will work in our Austin, TX office. We will also consider candidates in Roseville, CA or Scottsdale, AZ.
To Apply For This Job:
If you are interested in joining the Revionics team, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com
(Note: Please be aware that not all submissions will result in a response)