Objective: Revionics is looking for a versatile user experience designer who is fluent in information architecture, interaction, and visual design. The UXD will work closely with product managers and other interdisciplinary teams to gather and understand key business strategies and user needs, and to translate the strategies and needs into compelling design solutions. Ideally this is an individual with an aptitude for the creation of new paradigms, and a history of driving successful, game changing design. We see design as beginning with the conception of the product and iterating throughout the release cycle, not a veneer to be applied at the end. Ideally this is an individual with an aptitude for the creation of new paradigms, and a history of driving successful, game changing design.
Revionics delivers the industry’s most powerful End-to-End Merchandise Optimization solution, enabling retailers of all sizes to execute a fact-based Omni-channel merchandising strategy utilizing the most comprehensive set of shopper demand signals to enhance financial performance with improved customer satisfaction. Revionics’ solutions leverage advanced predictive analytics and demand-based science to ensure retailers have the right product, price, promotion, placement and space allocation for optimal results across all touch points in the Omni-channel shopping episode – online, in-store, social and mobile. Offered on a scalable, high performance Cloud-based SaaS platform, these solutions future-proof retailers from Big Data/Fast Data challenges, while providing speed-to-ROI. Over 33,000 retail locations and $140+B in annual revenue across grocery, drug, building materials, convenience, general merchandise, discount, sporting goods stores and eCommerce sites optimize with Revionics’ solutions. Revionics has been recognized as a 2012 Deloitte Technology Fast 500™, Red Herring Top 100 Global, Red Herring Top 100 Americas and JMP Securities’ Hot 100 Software Company. For more information, please visit www.revionics.com.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Lead UI/UX development to creatively solve complex visual and interaction design challenges for Web, mobile, tablet and other digital devices.
• Create detailed functional and user interface specifications, use cases, personas, process flows, wireframes and mockups
• Utilize user-centered methodologies to understand and analyze user experience, expectations and requirements
• Work closely with product management to clarify and define business requirements as they apply to the user interface.
• Participate in high-level use case definition, prototyping, and other activities to capture and develop user requirements and integrate these into the product design
• Design and simulate user interface and interaction flow using wireframing tools
• Create user flows, hi-res wireframes, information architecture and compelling user interfaces
• Work with the product management and feature development teams to ensure that the workflow represents the customer’s needs and ensure consistency among features
• Develop expert-level knowledge of competition and complementary products
• Define innovative user interfaces and interaction rules which result in improved user productivity
• Create style guides and other production-ready design deliverables for use as specifications by other designers and developers.
• Participate in ongoing evaluations of our work to improve the quality and effectiveness of our services. • Translate research findings into tangible designs
• BA in a related field (graphic, service, interaction design, HCI, industrial design, information science, social sciences, etc.) and/or equivalent years of successful work experience
• At least 5 to 7 years of experience in interaction design, information architecture, or visual design
• A portfolio of visual design work is required. Retail industry experience a plus
• Advanced understanding of visual design systems, hierarchy, typography, aesthetics, illustration, photography and composition.
• Broad knowledge of digital interaction design patterns, Web site architecture, user interfaces and navigation on various platforms (Web, mobile, tablet).
• Familiarity with user-centered research, such as usability testing, contextual inquiry, and field interviews
• Understanding of the physical, cognitive, cultural and social factors that affect design decisions. • Strongly skilled using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
• A comprehensive understanding of web and mobile design principles and best use of current web and mobile technologies and scalable dynamic user interfaces
• Knowledge of methodologies such as Interative development and Agile.
• Strong interest in and aptitude for learning new technologies and design skills
• Competent in Balsamiq, Axure, Omnigraffle, or other wireframing tool
• Prototyping skills using tools like Flash, Dreamweaver, and/or the knowledge of imaging/video domain applications will be a plus
To Apply For This Job:
If you are interested in joining the Revionics team, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com
(Note: Please be aware that not all submissions will result in a response)