Revionics values your privacy
Last Updated: April 16, 2018
Certain portions of this policy also describe how Revionics processes the personal information of individual users who utilize our services through their employers or companies that hire an individual to perform work on its behalf. When we are referring to those individuals, we will refer to them as “Authorized Users.”
We treat your personal information with care and do not sell it to other companies for marketing purposes. We respect individual privacy and value the confidence of our customers, employees, business partners and others. Not only do we strive to collect, use and disclose personal information in a manner consistent with the laws of the countries in which we do business, but we strive to uphold the highest ethical standards in our business practices.
Please take a moment to read our Policy which explains how we collect, use, disclose and transfer the personal information that you provide to us on our websites, through our third-party processors, when you visit our Site or when you access our services.
Revionics, Inc. is a global SaaS provider of science-based pricing, promotion, markdown, space and competitive insight for innovative retailers. We target our marketing and our Site towards retail professionals. If you are not a retail professional, employee or consultant for a retailer, have a scholarly or academic interest, or have a media, analyst or news interest in retail innovations, you should not use the Site.
This site is not directed at anyone who we know to be under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, do not use the platform and do not submit any personal information to us.
By visiting our site and providing us with your personal data, you acknowledge and agree that your personal data may be processed for the purposes identified in this Policy.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us. We collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, password, company, title, country and/or geographic region, as well as other information you directly give us on our Site. In addition, we may also collect personal information from you when you correspond with use (for example, when you send us e-mail communications or contact us with letters, by telephone or via customer support).
If you are an Authorized User, we may additional collect your username and related contact information in order to serve you. We may collect personal information through communications with our customer support team.
Information We Get from Others. We may get information about you from other sources such as third-party social networking sites, lead generation companies, or marketing assistance platforms or the company for whom you work. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
Authorized Users often have their personal information provided to us by their employers in order to access the products and services.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the referring website, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, information about your video watching, whether you downloaded information or not, and information about your use of and actions on our Site. We do this to make sure the content we provide is valuable and the experience is tailored to expectations. For Authorized Users, we collect similar automated information for security purposes.
Cookies. We may log information using “cookies” to provide you with a more relevant, usable and interactive experience on our Site. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them). This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your specific interests and needs.
Pixel Tags. We may also use pixel tags (which are also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) on our site to track the actions of users on our site. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website, pixel tags are embedded invisibly on webpages. Pixel tags measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the site, so that we can manage our content more effectively. The information we collect using pixel tags is not linked to our users’ personal data.
IP Addresses. We may collect information about your computer or mobile device, including where available your IP address, operating system, log in times and browser type. We use this information to better understand how visitors use our site and for internal reporting purposes.
Throughout this policy, we use the term “personal information” or “personal data” to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been aggregated and/or anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services that we think are relevant to you offered by us and our selected partners.
- We use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
- We use your personal information to protect against, investigate, and deter fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
If you are an Authorized User:
- We use your personal information for internal and service-related usage and customer support
- We may use your information to improve our products and services.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- If you have given your prior consent, we may use your personal information in testimonials about the experience of our products and services
- Necessary for the performance of a contract, or for us to take steps to enter into such contract
- Necessary for the legitimate interest of Revionics in marketing its products directly to pricing professionals and establishing itself as a thought leading in the retail pricing industry
- Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject. For example, under applicable law, we may be obliged to:
- Secure and maintain technical and organization measures to protect the security of your personal information
- Investigate and report any (suspected) breaches of those technical and organizational measures
- Comply with legal and regulatory obligations, including, but not limited to, complying with the minimum retention periods for certain types of information.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
- For Authorized Users, we may share (or process in other manners) information as directed by our customers who are your employers.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses or to perform data or marketing analytics.
RIGHTS, INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts, updates to our products and our business dealings with you, for example, if you are an Authorized User.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
FOR RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
Under applicable data protection laws, you may have the right, in certain cases, to request access to your personal information that we process, to request details about such personal information, including the purposes and potential recipients of this data, to have such personal information rectified or deleted, to have the processing thereof restricted, or to object to the processing of your personal data, as well as to request a copy of your personal information in a standardized format so that it can be provided to another vendor. Note that some or all may not apply if you are an Authorized User, particularly the personal information directly representing your access to the products and services.
You may also have the right to lodge a complaint with your national data protection authority or other public authority governing the protection of your personal information.
For residents of the EU, further rights are covered in the EU standard contractual clauses referenced by the General Data Protection Regulation promulgated by the European Union.
To exercise these rights, please follow the steps set out below, or contact us via email at email@example.com or send us a notice in writing, addressed to “Legal” at 5000 Plaza on the Lake, Suite 200, Austin, Texas 78746, USA.
Our marketing will have requested you to “opt in” for us to perform automated tracking in connection with your personal information. Even if you did not “opt in” and you are an Authorized User, you may still receive marketing emails as well as non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts, updates to our products and our business dealings with you.
We mays still process your personal information even if you were not prompted to “opt in” by visiting our Site if we obtained your personal information, such as name, email, company and title, from you not through our Site, because we performed services for your company or your company was thinking about purchasing products or services from us. We do this to further our legitimate interest in direct marketing to pricing professionals and demonstrating our thought leadership in the retail pricing industry.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We want you to feel confident about using our Site, and we are committed to protecting the personal information we collect. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who reasonably need access to it, to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have appropriate technical and organisational physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the personal information that you provide to us against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction.
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
HOW TO EDIT, DELETE OR ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information that we hold about you in our records, to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out of date information. You can also ask us not to send you direct marketing communications (however please note that we may continue to send you service related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as email updates). If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or wish to object to our use of your personal information, please write to us at the address given below. If you would like for us to do any of the foregoing, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For Authorized Users, remember though that these rights are subject to your employer’s request for us to provide products or perform services and our legitimate interest in protecting such as the employer’s confidential data, network and infrastructure security.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Service who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
5000 Plaza on the Lake Blvd.
Austin, Texas 78746