Expanded markets, major customer wins globally, a bold acquisition with Marketyze and aggressive R&D around dynamic pricing fueled the company’s 2015 growth and expansion
AUSTIN, TX – (Jan. 26, 2016) – 2015 was a transformational year for Revionics, a leading provider of End-to-End Merchandise Optimization solutions, fueled by strong customer wins, a bold acquisition of Marketyze, and relentless technology innovation. The company had strong market growth in retail segments globally such as beauty supply, pharmacies and ecommerce, simultaneously driving customer expansion in newer geographical markets in Latin America and Eastern Europe. Revionics saw strong uptake for its Promotion Management and Optimization products as well as increased adoption for its Markdown Management and Optimization.
In addition, the company’s recent acquisition of Marketyze, a global leader in unmatched competitive pricing, promotion and assortment intelligence, solidifies Revionics’ leadership in ecommerce and multichannel markets. The combination of Revionics’ and Marketyze’s powerful capabilities enables retailers to harness real-time market, competitive and customer data to drive profitable decisions across price, promotions and assortment. The acquisition strengthens Revionics’ already strong customer install base with the addition of leading retailers including Best Buy, Office Depot International and ReStockIt.com.
Significant Customer Wins in 2015
Revionics continued to gain market dominance with major customer wins in 2015, including notable international expansion in Latin America and Eastern Europe. Highlights of key customer wins included:
- OZON.ru (a leading online Russian retailer); Houchens Food Group (a large multi-state grocer), Konzum and Mercator (the largest supermarket chain in South East Europe); Reitan Convenience (Europe’s second-largest convenience store operator); CPO Commerce (an online tool retailer); Drogeria Araujo (a pioneer in the Brazilian pharmacy market); Chedraui (Mexico’s third-largest retailer) and Sally Beauty Supply (one of the largest beauty products retailers in the U.S.)
- Through the Marketyze acquisition Revionics gained marquee customers including: Best Buy (largest dedicated U.S. consumer electronics retailer); Office Depot International (a leading office supply retailer) and ReStockIt.com (an online retailer of office supplies and cleaning products).
Breakthrough R&D Innovation
Revionics continued to invest aggressively in R&D in 2015 with major milestones including:
- Revionics® Dynamic Pricing: The company expanded its price, promotion, markdown and space and assortment product suites to include Revionics® Dynamic Pricing, which delivers surgical, high frequency pricing – empowering retailers to always deliver the best price throughout the day while avoiding margin loss through rampant price matching. Revionics is the only provider of a full Dynamic Pricing solution designed for all types of retailers and channels, which is critical for today’s omni-channel world.
- Revionics acquisition of Marketyze: This acquisition broadened Revionics’ pricing platform by adding new capabilities to its solution portfolio with the addition of unmatched real-time market, competitive and customer intelligence to execute more profitable merchandising decisions across all channels.
- Extended Revionics® Promotion Management and Optimization: Revionics released enhanced capabilities in its Promotion product suite amid accelerating customer uptake.
The Retailers Voted: Revionics at The Top of RIS Software LeaderBoard
Underscoring Revionics’ strong success in 2015, responses from more than 300 retailers propelled Revionics onto the 2015 RIS Software LeaderBoard, a prestigious annual guide to the best retail technology vendors. Out of 747 vendor evaluations, Revionics received several top rankings, including:
- Tied for #4 in the “Leaders in Return on Investment” category with a satisfaction rating of 4.5 on a 5-point scale
- Was voted #3 for the “Leaders in Technology Innovation” category
- Placed #5 for “Leaders in Recommendation”; #6 for “Leaders in Quality of Service”; and #7 for “Leaders in Customer Satisfaction”
Revionics achieved a high placement in the Leaders in Recommendation Top 10 list, the most noteworthy achievement. One retailer explained his vote in these words: “Revionics offers an excellent product that does exactly what we expected. The implementation was very simple and methodical. The support players have been extraordinary. I could not be more pleased.”
“The Revionics and Marketyze acquisition promises capabilities in the broader context of how cognitive computing, collective intelligence and product intelligence are supplementing traditional assortment planning with new insights from outside-in analytics,” said Brian Kilcourse, Managing Partner, RSR Research. “Content, merchandising and assortments are all important to how an offer is described and presented. This combined solution can help support decision processes in these areas.”
“Our customers are always at the heart of all we do, and our strong 2015 outcomes are a direct result of our teams delivering unmatched solutions, undeniable ROI and proven value for our customers day in and day out,” said Marc Hafner, Revionics CEO. “Our customers face major disruptions in retail, including rapid technology advances and unprecedented competitive pressures. Our job is to turn those disruptions into opportunities and uncover untapped revenue potential using the best technology, people and process in the business. As we enter 2016, we will continue aggressive global expansion, strong R&D innovation and deep and genuine relationships with our customers built on earning their continued loyalty with every interaction. I intend Revionics to continue to be the leader in our space where others follow.”
About Revionics, Inc.
Revionics is a proven leader in End-to-End Merchandise Optimization solutions. Over 40,000+ retail locations around the world optimize with Revionics across 18M+ products and 2.2B+ sku/store combinations are modeled weekly. Revionics empowers retailers around the globe to profitably execute a data-driven omnichannel merchandising strategy by utilizing one of the most comprehensive set of shopper demand signals to increase financial performance and improve customer satisfaction. Revionics’ solutions are powered by unmatched demand-based science and advanced predictive analytics to help ensure retailers have the right product, price, promotion, placement and space allocation to drive business performance and seamless shopper experience – online, in-store, social and mobile. Delivered on a scalable, SaaS-based platform, Revionics solutions offer real-time insights and dynamic decisions at speed, scale and frequency, while providing fast ROI. Revionics has been recognized as a Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ and JMP Securities’ Hot 100 Software Company. To learn how you can compete more profitably, please visit www.revionics.com.